“Sweet blueberries give these cookie bars a pop of purple and extra fruit flavor, while banana keeps them easy, healthy, and refined sugar-free.”
Adapted from: feastingonfruit.com
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
servings: 6 bars
CRUST 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2-3 tbsp Lavender Honey
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh of frozen)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the almond flour and honey in a bowl. Mix to create a sticky clumpy dough that holds together when pressed. Add 1 tbsp water if it seems too dry.
- Press the crust into an 8x5" baking dish (or a loaf pan) lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes at 350F. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, blend the bananas and 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Pour the purple puree on top of the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips, fresh blueberries, and coconut. Gently press down until the banana puree rises up covering everything.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F.
- Cool then chill overnight.